Monday, September 20, 2010

Creation and Art

Y'all, we finally finished the Creation yesterday! And yes, I have pictures of the final product of my (our) Sunday school room!!!
You have to admit, Adam and Eve look stellar. A special thanks to a lovely young lady from the Youth Group.









This is our "Tree of Life," and our pond. Notice the pretty little flowers and butterflies that flood the walls.





This is the wall with our "Prayer Cloud." Yes, it reads Psalm 19:14, which happens to be my college benediction, I think it's a good little prayer to end with each Sunday.





This is our Sunshine corner. Notice the "special" birds flying around. They are described as, and I quote, "torpedoes flying at each other," thanks class.
Now, this was a blast to do, but, I am very thankful that it is over. Now, it's back to business. Next week, we are starting a lesson on worship, and ways to worship. I am going to try and teach them that they don't have to be embarrassed to raise their hands and so on.
I plan on this becoming a more discussion based lesson. We are even going to start a short worship session in class.
Updates on how the lesson is coming along sometime this week!





No comments: