Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blue Plastic Wrap and Misshaped Birds

Okay, I know that I promised pictures of the kids working on their project (of the Creation), but the thing is, trying to maintain a calm environment and keep paint off the floor is a rather daunting task. We only made it through one section of our project, and that was the stained glass part, so I am very glad that the messiest part is over. PTL!

While the kids painted, my assistant, Amber, and I worked on making birds. I will definitely post a picture of our special little creations when this whole thing is finished. We also made a tree. I can openly admit that I am not the most artistically inclined individual, and I am also allowed to say that my bird was a "hot mess."

I think that the painting was a success, but next week they will be saddened to know that all they get to do is make flowers. and little animals.

Listen to this idea of awesome-ness! So, we were trying to figure out what to do about water, since, you know, God did create it and all, and included it in the story, we just didn't know what to do.

I thought it out and my mom gave me the idea to use blue plastic wrap... Now, I know they make it, I just wasn't sure where to find it. So, Sunday, I arrived to class, went to grab some of the plastic stuff to cover the table and floor, and lo and behold, there was some blue plastic stuff!!! Needless to say, I cut me some of that stuff, and tomorrow, I will be putting it on the wall!! It will make a darling pond!!!

I will have pictures to post when it is finished and the room is cleaned!

No comments: