Friday, October 8, 2010

Should I?

I cannot decide on whether or not I want to write a Sunday school lesson, or just wing it. I mean, I already have the stories of miracles picked out, even though I hate to limit the number, I'm just not sure if I wanna go and write a whole lesson.

Jesus did many great things, and by telling a few of the stories of accounted for miracles, I am hoping that the kids can see just how big their God is. I know they understand that they have a BIG God, but do they really understand his compassion, his healing nature, his love for his children?

I have put it off for two weeks just because I'm just not certain.

I strongly dislike being uncertain. I am a person who wants things done days ahead, and perfect. The last lesson I wrote was on worship, and I think that after I wrote out the lesson, i read over it at least four times a day, just to make sure that I had not left anything out and that it was written enough in the vernacular for my class to understand.

I try not to dumb it down too much because I want my kid's minds to expand in both knowledge and vocabulary. So much of today's words are abbreviations and what I call "text talk." No one really sits down to meaningful face-to-face conversations anymore.

That was sort of a soap box, and I am stepping off of it now. Sorry.

Anyhow, I guess, I will just read over the stories and see if I should write anything out.

No comments: