Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fairytale Charmer

Personal claims on things
that aren't real.
Things that only you can imagine.
A feud between friends,
both claiming a fairytale charmer.
Claiming that he is theirs.
Dreaming, letting your
brain wander off to
a place only you can imagine.
This is something I found in an old, small notebook from my junior year of high school. I could probably go to far in depth about who this small story is about, but for reasons that only I can understand, I shall keep that to myself.
This "fairytale charmer" just happend to break my fragile heart, not just once, but twice, without ever realizing that he did it. I was ignorant and remained friends with him long enough for it to happen twice.
I assume that I wrote this at a time when God was not the most important person in my life and I let "life" get to me. I also assume that the two girls feuding over "fairytale charmer" were dumb enough to even believe that he would ever give either of them a chance, which later, he ended up giving one of them a very undeserved chance. I was not that girl, which only made me try harder.
Luckily, I am not that high school junior anymore. Now, I could care less if a guy gives me any attention at all. I mean, yes it is nice, but I do not crave it as I did then.
It's funny how we can change over just a few short years. That was only five years ago, and here I sit, graduated from University, 22 years old, and clinging to God even tighter than I ever thought I would. He keeps me sane.

No comments: