Tuesday, November 9, 2010

You Didn't Tell Me I had to Drill

Last night, I had the pleasure of going to a friend's house and... PUT UP A CHRISTMAS TREE!!!!!!!!! If you know me well, then you know my love for all things Christmas. So, naturally, when asked if I could come over and help with the raising of a tree, I immediately said YES very enthusiastically, via text message of course.

I arrived at her house and was greeted by hugs and screams, and the phrase, "COME LOOK AT MY KITCHEN!" Now, obviously, these screams and hugs came from a few little girls that are oh so precious and adorable, so after all the excitement over a new kitchen play set had waned, I went back to the kitchen where AB was cooking. She informed me that I would be in charge of the tree, which is awesome, because that's my FAVORITE part.

After putting it together, I do this thing (as taught to me by my mama) called, "fluffing the tree." I was quickly invaded by questions from the youngest little girl, wondering what in the world I was doing. I told her that I was fluffing the tree. She proceeded to help me "fluff the tree," all the while saying, over and over, "fluff the tree, fluff the tree!"

I had no idea that the tree was covered in glitter, or "blitter" if you are a 3 year old child. So, by the time we were finished, the entire living room was covered in glitter, and so was every body in the house, probably even the puppies.

I didn't know that I had also been brought to the house to do some drilling, but I managed to get a shelf hanged and helped get a lighted wreath suspended from a canopy. I just love being crafty. Even though I'm not very good at it.

So, that was my Monday evening. I loved every minute of it, even being climbed on by two little monkeys.

No comments: