Friday, December 26, 2008

Just Another Day

In my heart, I know things are meant to be well. Like the Holidays, for instance. These days shouldn't be spent arguing over petty things, as my family does, just about every year, it never fails. You should be glad you are breathing and that you have a family to spend it with. Yes, I am happy with the gifts given to me, but I would be even happier if Christmas could come one year without arguing and family dismay. It breaks my heart to see my family shatter to bits over one person. Days come and go, but days spent being unhappy with people, especially family, seem to make a person bitter towards the family gatherings at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I am happy with my gifts, I got everything that I wanted, except one thing. That is love. Not only from family, but I wanted my one and only to come to me this year. But, as I read on my friends blog, maybe my turn will come around next year. If God sees fit that is.

No comments: