Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Teetering Through

To her own demise, she slowly faded from my life. We were once the best of friends, a frinedship now sinking to its watery grave. None like that have I ever known. We vowed to never turn away, yet, it seemed to happen anyways. Fulfilling life's prophecy given by God pulled us in separate directions, she going west, I myself going north. I sometimes wonder why I ever threw that rock over the edge that night. I prayed God's will be done, even if it meant losing her. I ask myself how I could be so stupid, so ignorant. Yet, in a way, I understand. That rock had so much burden transferred to it, that, if I hadn't have thrown it, who knows where I would be or how i would feel now. The life they lead drags me down, the sin the roll in like it's nothing. I sometimes wish to join the party, and then snap back to reality, knowing I have a better call than that. the release since that evening of rock throwing has me feeling light, no longer carrying their lives on my shoulders. Paths are worn, going different ways, she trying to sway me her way, God pulling me ever so closely behind Him. Gladly, I follow, not knowing the path He leads me on. In the end, things will be alright. I need not worry, for He guides me safely through the night.

No comments: