Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's Just a Reflex!

So, this morning in chapel, Pecan was speaking on how the culture our generation is/ was raised in is different from 'back then.' He then proceeded to go into how pop culture has altered people's view of sex, which is a very sacred thing to the Church. (and I agree.) Anyhow, he proceeded to say the folliowing things:

"Sex is like a sneeze, just a reflex."
"If it looks good jump on it."
(In replying to our stunned laughter to the sneeze comment:)
::SNIFFLES:: "I have a cold and don't have the energy to do it."

Which sent the entire room into roaring laughter. I hee hawed with my row of friends, as did everyone else. I laughed so hard, I cried.

He had a good point though. The culture young people are brought up in today has distorted the way each person looks at sex. A lot of people now think it's just a fun, recreational thing that has no need for love. No morality in how many so called, 'partners,' on has had.

I do agree that it should be sanctified, and you should wait til marriage, not to mention, this would help tame the spread of disease.

Notice I said 'tame.' Obviously it will not cure or prevent disease, but it will help slow the spread.

Anyhow, off my soap box, it's going to be 8 degrees here where I live tonight!! OMG that makes me sooo happy! :-)

No comments: