Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Shape of My Heart

It's times like these when I go back into my numerous files of pictures, and I began to relive my experiences in a rural jungle, dancing outside of my comfort zone.

I know that I talk about Honduras a lot, but it is where my heart is. The faces, such as the one to the left, is what keeps me going back.

I fought for so long to keep from going, and finally, God gave me a slight nudge, and BOOM. I landed in a developing country, not know what to expect when we hiked to our first clinic.

When you step out of that zone of comfort, you begin to grow in a way that you would never imagine. As I sort through photos, I remember the sounds, the smells, and the feel of the environment. It takes me back to that place that my heart longs to be, long term, not short term. It will happen one day, when God sees fit to send me there for a while. Until then, I can relive the happiness of loving on babies through photos of my adventures.

No comments: