Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Open Eyes

"Honduras 2009:

Many things I looked upon while in a developing country really made me think. I am free, I have money to live, I have a nice home, I don't have to worry about disease and infliction and I know that I have medical access when I do get sick. We as Americans have it lucky. I wish more people could realize. Today, I was reading a post done by a friend who is in E**pt. It was about Garbage City, the name explains it all. My niece comes around the corner and asks, about a picture on the screen, "What is that?!?" in a kind of voice that expresses disgust. I told her what it was, she stood there and cimply replied, "Cool." I then quickly repremanded her saying, "Lea, kids have to live in that garbage, consider yourself lucky that you don't live there." All she said was, "Yeah." I know she is only a child, but even a child her age COULD understand how lucky we are.
For instance, this little girl in El Pital, Honduras. She has no shoes, dirty clothes, dirty face, yet she is content in living because she knows what she has is worth living for.

No comments: