Thursday, January 7, 2010

::Eyes::

As I sat thinking yesterday, a thought crossed my mind, more like a memory. I was sitting on a stone bench outside of our second or third clinic in Honduras, playing with a young child, who was sitting on my knee. She looke up with beautiful eyes and said, "Me gusta sus ojos." Which in English means, I like your eyes.

Sitting there yesterday, I pondered why the girl may have said it, then remembered, most people in her village had dark eyes, it was rare to have light eyes. I have bright green eyes, so it was different for her to see my color of eyes.

Often times, I think, "Man, I wish my eyes were a brighter green." That memory yesterday helped me to remember that God gave me these eyes, and they are perfect just as they are. I do not need to change them. that little girl was sent to tell me that through her very own way.

No comments: